Sunday, November 15, 2015

friendship


She had been witnessing the sorrow in my eyes, the tears that I shed alone and the pain that I kept to myself. She then slowly came approaching me, "do you miss anyone?" Reluctantly I replied, "yes I do. What should I do when I miss someone that I shouldn't?" "Listen to this zikr, it works for me. Hopefully it works for you too."

I quickly browse through youtube searching for that right zikr. Frankly it works, and absolutely any zikr will surely work. Because that's His promise;

"Those who believe and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah, for without doubt, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction." (13:28)

Apparently, everyone knows this. We've been reminded by many people, ustaz-ustazah and strangers out there of the same thing again and again. But how many of those reminder do actually touch our hearts?

Sometimes it only takes the right person to tell us the right thing at the right moment to actually move our hearts. And if we find that person, keep him/her with us for always.

The Prophet ﷺ (peace be upon him) was reportedly asked: “Which of our companions are best?” He replied: “One whose appearance reminds you of God, and whose speech increases you in knowledge, and whose actions remind you of the hereafter.”




No comments: